Thursday, July 06, 2006

Weirdness all around me


It seems there are people out there who still don't know about Salad Fingers. (These must be the same people who have never heard of "Laguna Beach.") Click on "Watch this Movie" (not really a movie) next to the weird little face, and a list of episodes will come up. It's odd, creepy, but mesmerizing in a bizarre way.

I'm in day-before-travel mode. By 8:30 a.m. I had the oil changed and had gone to the grocery store. So much to do....and how weird that the other three people going on this trip have no clue what all went on behind the scenes to ensure we have a great trip and have everything we could possibly need? WHAT IS THAT LIKE?! Unfortunately, I know I've been on the receiving end of all this pre-work, but was too young to remember. So here's a much belated thanks to my parents for those years of packing up the car, camper, and boat.

Something getting in the way of my packing is baffling me. I have claimed for some time now that I can't stand Kathy Griffin, the comedienne. I've been watching her on Bravo for over two hours this afternoon and possibly love her now. Next thing you know I'm going to be a fan of Jimmy Stimmel. I can only pray that will never happen.

Note: I forgot to say goodbye until next week when we get back from the beach. Here's hoping we avoid the jellyfish stings of last summer and come back home with all our appendages.

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

Salad Fingers: How odd...I'm not sure how I feel after watching that but I did find it amusingly funny.

Unknown said...

I know, it's so strangely appealing!