Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hi there

So I haven't had much to say the past three days, but life has been kind of boring this week. Well some of it boring to me, and other parts fun to me but probably boring to anyone else out there listening. Like yesterday afternoon when Denise and I flipped through three years of high school yearbooks, basically cramming before the big reunion on Saturday. I loved it. I loved seeing the snapshots of how badly we all dressed for example. Seriously, what was happening in the 80s that girls thought it was attractive to wear frumpy, old women clothing? Nothing gave any indication that you were indeed a girl except for the occasional knee-length skirt, whose shape was far from flattering. And the hairstyles - oh, those bi-level cuts. I see women today that have yet to escape that style, and I'm just sad for them. The 80s are over, honey. Move on.

And it was also interesting to see page after page of the confederate flag, especially the photos from football games. The crowd was just a sea of blue starry X's on red backgrounds. Weird.

On to other things....Addison had her wisdom teeth taken out today. It's always comical to be around someone immediately following surgery of that kind, but I don't think it's going to be very funny tomorrow. Here's hoping Lortab does its job and makes her recovery somewhat bearable. I really wanted to take pictures of her while "high," but I guess that would have been mean. Funny, but mean. :-) So basically I'll be taking care of her today and tomorrow, although Bailey and I plan to sneak away tomorrow for some school shopping. Let's just call it shopping and not think about the school part. I like being home. Freedom is nice.

No comments: