Wednesday, August 02, 2006

hodgepodge

Got to play Bunko last night for the first time in forever. It's always fun to see Denise and her mom and Darla, plus Anita was there. I didn't win anything, but thanks to the confusion of an overcrowded restaurant, Anita and I got our meals and drinks free. The waiter (young guy) asked us afterwards what we were playing and if it was a drinking game. We told him the name and he said he'd look it up on the internet - I'm quite certain he plans to make it a drinking game.

I hope last night's thunderstorm will make the lawn less crunchy. It's so depressing when everything starts dying and you don't even want to go out in your own backyard. I didn't have a lot of plants to begin with, but it's still sad. And the passion vine blew over in Friday night's storm. The only plants that thrive are the ones I don't care about - the rose bushes.

My mother was in the hospital for four days over the weekend. Without being graphic because trust me you don't want to know the details, she had some freak incident in which she lost a LOT of blood - like 1/3 of her blood. They thought it was something related to either the colon or small intestines, but found nothing. When she got the call yesterday saying they couldn't find anything, she was shocked. I'd be scared. Alan's comment was, "eight years of college and you can't find anything?"

I'm eBaying this morning. Lost a bidding battle last night, but I plan to conquer all this morning. Who doesn't love eBay.





No comments: