Saturday, August 26, 2006

Food rules my world

Many times after watching some chef on Food Network make something that looks both yummy and doable, I'll run over to the computer and download the recipe. And yes, I do usually go to the store for the ingredients and try it out. Usually everything turns out pretty good and I might even make it a second time. This last one I tried, will be a definite regular in this home. Fried Ravioli I didn't take this picture, but it looked similar.


It's supposed to be an appetizer, but can be an entree by just serving the sauce over the ravioli. Big hit around here.

Modifications if you're cheap like me: No way am I using that much olive oil for frying - it's just way too expensive. So I used part vegetable oil, part olive oil. And I forgot the buttermilk and just used regular milk. Worked fine, but I'd recommend adding an egg if you go that route.

Really work the ravioli into the breadcrumbs and do use the Italian style.

No comments: