Saturday, August 26, 2006

Migraines suck

I think DeeBee once had a posting with that title. But they really friggin suck. How many Advils does it take to wipe out a migraine? Apparently not enough. Doctors say that three Advils are equivalent to prescription strength. It's not working. And so I'm not out at Alan's charity softball game right now, because I figured the heat would just make it worse. I still worked in the yard some this morning though, did laundry, ran a couple errands, all the while thinking it's going to sneak away if I just keep busy. Why is it that when you're sick or incapacitated in some way, you think of a million things you WOULD be doing if only you felt like it. But when you feel perfectly fine, you don't want to do a damn thing.

And here's the dumbest part of my migraine. I know what will make it go away. And I was at the grocery store a little while ago IN THE PHARMACY area where I could have picked up some Excedrin, come home and popped just a wee bit more than the recommended dosage. Needless to say, I think I'm heading to the store again.

By the way, this is posting numero three today. And if I weren't already sad enough by posting three times for those 2 or 3 people who might glance at my blog sometime in the course of week, I've also caught myself checking out my total number of postings. I'm like "hey, I'm coming up on posting No. 100 soon!" As if it is a milestone I must celebrate. And I will.

3 comments:

her said...

Better start planning for #100. What will you write about?

Sorry about the migraine. Good luck on school week #2.

vagus said...

i get migraines too. ibuprofen works for me.

DeeBee said...

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, go to the doctor and get migraine meds. They are great. geez!!