Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rainy day

I guess no matter how old my kids get, I'm going to be anxious for them on their first day of school. School starts today, and they're at their dad's. That usually makes me a little sad, because this is one of those "mom" days. Moms understand first days. Everything has to be perfect, and if it's not, then the mom is there to do everything in her power to help out. At least on this one day.

It's pouring rain here. If I were a teenager and starting school today, I'd be freaking out about how humid it is. I get the "big hair" if I have to be in the humidity for too long. But since I paid my dues all those years ago, today I get to sit on the couch with my coffee and watch the rain.

And since I'm in this contemplative mood today, don't be surprised if it's a heavy blogging day.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Blog away!! And I hate you today because you're sitting around drinking your stupid coffee and watching the beautiful.. I mean.. stupid rain. Geez!! Off to work I go again.