Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Like the old days with a new twist

Too bad I don't have pictures to post from the weekend, particularly Saturday night when the two Alans danced together. Turns out Odessa had a gay bar or two to accommodate our weekend visitor, Greggo. Actually, if this bar were in Midland, I could see Alan and I going occasionally. Great billiards room and the people were awesome. I've never been that comfortable in a bar. I hope in my lifetime to see the day when there are no gay or straight bars, but just bars where everyone is welcome. It was great to see Greg after all this time, and although Midland is not exactly the most exciting town in which to entertain guests, the weekend was a good mix of partying and meaningful conversations with a really good friend.

I'm only sad that neither Greg nor Alan thought to call Joe at 2:00 a.m. and yell obscenities in the phone. Truly off their game.

No comments: