Tuesday, August 22, 2006

On my way

Wow, I haven't blogged in a week. I really had nothing to say the end of last week, and this week has been busy. Started student teaching on Monday. So far it is going really well, but I'm TIRED. A full 8-hour day followed by an after school staff meeting today. Teachers just don't get breaks. Conference periods are full of work, and the 30-minute lunch is laughable. Plus, for me, having lunch with other people every day in a small room with no windows is not a break. I like my time alone, and I'm just not going to get it for at least 8 straight hours on this job.

I do like my mentor teacher however, and the students are great. Next week I start teaching a couple subjects and will then build from there. If this is any indication on how beat I was today, I actually ASKED Addison to drive home. Who am I?

More later. And by the way, I wrote this Wednesday but my blog thinks it's Tuesday.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

I'm glad it's going well. I bet Addison was just as shocked about you asking her as you were that you were asking.