Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hooray for Mondays!

I talk about a lot of things, but I normally don't divulge sensitive or personal information that would make someone in my family look bad. I love my daughters, and if one of them is not at her best, I don't want you to know about it. At least not by means of this silly blog.

Having said that, I will divulge that upon dropping them off at their dad's today at 5:00 p.m. and coming back home, Alan arrived from the store a little later with no kidding: 4 bottles of wine and 4 six packs of alkeehol. And one of the bottles of wine says "RELAX" in huge letters along the side.

THAT should tell you how the last 48 hours of my weekend have gone.

Yeah, boo-hoo. But if you haven't experienced it, then shut it. If you ever do experience it, then call me. I vow to sit on the other end of the phone and tell you how wonderful a parent you are, how you don't deserve what was said to you, and how one day (as I'm often told), things will change.

Right now Alan is grilling a big fat juicy steak, and slicing fresh peaches and French bread and cheese. It was not a fun weekend, but we're going to start the new week off fresh and rested!

3 comments:

her said...

I can only imagine how hard your weekend must have been. That Alan, he is a keeper. Hope next week is more relaxing.

DeeBee said...

I'm sorry if I didn't say those things to you because I was thinking them. I think I was in shock.

Elizabeth said...

I'm still closer to the stage of being a teenage than being a parent, and I know for a fact Mom's don't deserve the abuse they get from their teenage girls. Now that I am older I often wish that I could go back in time and take back the things I said, espeically those couple nasty blow-outs, and at the very least I often hope that my mom doesn't remember those times because if she does then I'm not sure how she ever forgave me.