Thursday, August 31, 2006

Friday = Tests all day = No teaching = No lesson plans!

Maybe the planets were all out of alignment yesterday or Pluto was still brooding about its planetary status being taken away, but things were much better today. I'm still wanting to rumble with a couple of kids, but I'm trying to keep my temper in check. These little darlings are someone's kids after all.

And if you're thinking to yourself, "Dear God, is she going to talk about teaching every day?" Then I can tell you, OF COURSE I'm going to! It's going to dominate my world for the next 12 weeks.

I was supposed to be observed yesterday (for a grade!), but my supervisor got sick. That means next Wednesday she'll try again. I hope I don't get nervous, because my voice will start doing that really odd thing it does. I've been nervous for presentations before, but can usually mask it unless my voice gets weird or I get that freakish red blotchy attack on my chest and neck. I've purposely in the past worn a shirt that conceals as much of my skin up there as possible, but there's nothing you can do about that voice. If only I could have a drink beforehand...

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

I'm glad today was better.

her said...

Be very very sneaky...