Monday, March 13, 2006

....as a kite!

For those of you out there that know what a migraine is like, you will understand this. I had a monster of a headache last night, so after waking up this morning and realizing it was gone, it's like I'm high. Hence the long posting about nothing, just blabbing:

It wasn't an exciting weekend, but it was a good weekend. I think most humans have this innate desire to be productive. You know how you feel at the end of a day when you've done absolutely nothing of worth? Like a slob, a worthless pile of flesh. (See photo.) I think you even feel fatter. But when you've been productive, and it doesn't matter if it's because you did laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, yard work, or actually did something and got paid for it, you just feel better at the end of the day. Playing freecell at work and getting paid doesn't count, as Alan well knows. He likes his job too much now and is way too busy to get to do that anyway.

Oh, I have to mention that we are not quite half-way through putting up the shutters, and it's as though the neighbors across the street have caught on to my little contest. They have professional painters over there painting the exterior! If the owners have chosen a good color from this decade, I think we may be trailing quickly.

We got to see Anita for a while Friday and got to see Mother and Dale on Saturday. It was a good time. I think it takes a special talent to keep up with friends and family on a regular basis, and I just don't have it. I know this and don't need to be reminded of it. On any given day I can name a handful of people that I should have called or made plans with weeks ago. And the longer I wait, the worse I feel. Why is that? But these same people that I'm feeling guilty about are not beating down my door or ringing my phone off the hook. And I'm not thinking bad things about them. I should chill.

The girls are back at their dad's today, and I think I'm missing them. Them, not the mess that follows them around and gets dropped all over the house. I have to say though that Alan and I had the most yummy dinner last night, and it was nothing we could have had when the girls are here. Grilled fish with this awesome topping, broccoli, alfredo noodles, and orange slices. Fit for the Food Network.

Second cup of coffee is finished and I've gotta go pick up Bailey and take her to school. I really think I could be having the most crappy morning, but knowing that a cup of coffee with either Vanilla Caramel or Creme Brulee creamer is on the horizon would make it all better. I think this is what is meant by an addiction.

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

I figured you weren't feeling good last night. And I know the feeling when you've had a migraine (mine usually last about 3 days) and how "high" you are when it's gone. Such jubilation!! Hope your day is productive and goes well.

Oh.. and go to the doctor and get some meds for that!! Do it!!

DeeBee said...

I didn't know I posted my entry twice until I started editing my site. And as usual, I don't remember doing it. Oh how we love our hair, don't we??