Thursday, March 16, 2006

Please excuse the posting rampage

Boy, I must really like everything I have to say lately. I think this makes 3 postings in less than two days.

Okay, the reason for this is....I think I have come up with a very close rendition to la Madeleine's tomato basil soup. I know that is a very arrogant thing to say, considering the quality of food at la Madeleine, but let me finish. For the record, this is the ONLY soup that I have ever gotten excited about. I do not typically like soup, ask Alan. Anyway, since I was getting my hopes up this week for having the real deal in Ft. Worth and then realizing we weren't going, I decided to try once more to recreate it on my own. Okay, not completely on my own. I have a copy-cat recipe off the internet and added my own touch yesterday, and yuuuuuummmmmeeeeee. Here it is:

Tomato Basil Soup

1 32-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 large peeled and sliced, cooked carrot (cook a few minutes in water or steam or whatever)
1 cup heavy whipping cream

2 tblsp. butter
Several fresh basil leaves (I used about 5 and it's worth it to get the fresh and not dried)
A couple generous pinches of Kosher salt (don't use regular table salt and really be generous)


In your food processor, puree the carrot slices, crushed tomatoes and basil leaves until pretty smooth. Pour this into a sauce pan and add: tomato sauce, cream, butter, and salt. Cook on medium until heated through. That's it!

3 comments:

DeeBee said...

I will definitely try this some day. You know how much I love to cook. ;-)

her said...

I can't wait to try it. I love soup.

DeeBee said...

You would have to stay here longer just to get in some fun & relaxing time after the painting was done. We couldn't let you go home... worked to death.