Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ground rules

The shutters are DONE. They should be admired from a distance though, not up close. I think Alan and I are figuring out that we really like hanging out together and working on our OWN projects around each other, but not working on the SAME project together. Someone once told me that if a married couple can hang wallpaper together, they can survive most anything. I'd like to say the same thing about installing shutters onto a brick surface. Not that that's the only duel project we've worked on that didn't go well, but it's a good example.

Anyhow, it shouldn't be a big deal that I do all the painting, for example. I don't want to paint with Alan, much the same way that he doesn't want to build stuff or install stuff with me. And Alan probably won't complain that he does the majority of the yardwork. We'll just stay out of each other's way and only ask for help when absolutely necessary. That way I don't have to point out that he isn't placing a high enough priority on aesthetics, and he won't have to complain that I ask too many questions. Sounds like a happier marriage to me!!

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

Well at least the shutters are behind you and you both survived it.

I don't like it when Ray wants me or one of the kids to help him with a project because I know what he's like to work with. If anything goes wrong, it's always our fault and he gets mad. Instead of being grateful that we try. The difference between me and the kids is that I can bite back!!

Sixtyfeet said...

Let me just suggest, dishes, you should do the dishes.