Thursday, March 09, 2006

March 5 - Break time!

Looking forward to spring break but hoping I get stuff done, too. I might be planning too much work and not enough fun. Might finish painting the den, might paint Bailey's room, paint the new shutters, and have a ton of yard work that I could do. My favorite part already is that I don't have to get up early, don't have to make several trips to and from schools picking up the girls, don't have to drive to Odessa everyday, and don't have to fix anyone's lunch (oh yeah, there's Alan though). I could go on and on.........okay, I will......no group work, no presentations, no boring lectures. Yes I complain a lot, but it's just one more thing I'm skilled at.

I still have some homework, but that's no biggie. I should do a little research on something called Asberger's Syndrome. It's a form of autism, and there's this little third grader in the class I'm working in that has it. He can be really annoying, and I need to find a way to "get" him a little better. He gets away with stuff in the classroom, tries to hang all over me, hug me, hold my hand (I tell him I have germs and he shouldn't hold my hand), and blurts out stuff at really inappropriate times. I normally have no problem with kids that are affectionate, but I'm told he does it for "control" reasons. I'm a little uneasy about dealing with some of the special needs kids in my classroom, because I didn't realize when I first started this whole process that you will definitely have special needs kids in your classes. Not that knowing that would have changed my mind. And there have been some really cool moments when the other kids have been amazing with the special needs ones. Anyway, I'm not discriminating against them -- but I didn't choose special education as my field. There are other people way more qualified and deserving of teaching those children.

Plan to rent some movies, maybe go to a movie, go out for lunch, shopping, whatever this week, too. The girls will be here, so there will be plenty we can do. The weather's supposed to be awesome. A trip to Oklahoma would have been fun, but I don't guess these spring breaks will ever coincide!!!

It just occurred to me that I have no excuse to not exercise this week and maybe try losing a few. Joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's now Friday and I have not exercised at all. HOWEVER, digging and raking and hauling very heavy boulders is a form of exercise.