Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Joneses

I've worked many muscle groups this week and am taking a break from all of that today. Might have something to do with the fact that I am way, way behind now in homework. Just seems like spring break should be a BREAK, so I've procrastinated....

So I went outside this morning with Addison's digital camera to take a couple shots of all my hard labor, and wow....it's not that impressive when you see it in a photo. I don't care though - it's a huge improvement in my eyes. The shutters will make a big difference when we get those up....at least that's what I'm telling myself. I informed Alan that there's a little secret competition (that only I know about) between our house and the two houses across the street to see who can make the best improvements. I am careful to say "best" and not "most" improvements. Installing a new shiny garage door in a color that goes with absolutely nothing else on your house is not a quality improvement. And mowing your yard without watering, edging or weed eating also does not count. I, of course, am the judge in this contest and those new black shutters are going to give us a sizable lead!! But I'm not as shallow as that might sound. I really do want them to make this a more meaningful competition - it only improves my view out the window.

Today I'm going to be really old school and plant some flowers from seed. It'll probably be this mess of wild, weedy looking crap, but it's always fun to see something grow from seed. It'll give the guest house a little color anyway. Speaking of the guest house, what a joy to have when teenage girls spend the night. I never heard a peep.

Poor Alan is going to have lots of work this weekend if I stay on the path I'm going. But how can anyone resist being out in this weather right now!! It's awesome. For now though, I've got to go read more about cowboys and indians so I can play later.

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

Ok now, our sites are looking good and all updated. I definitely like this much better.

her said...

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the shutters!!