Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Food and shaving - Mmmmm

On rare occasions I'm curious about the world of men and how their minds work. Today, I'm curious about shaving. I wonder how many men use the disposable shavers and how many go electric. I'm aware of how expensive the electric shavers can be and wonder how many men have taken the plunge and invested $100-150 in those babies. This is on my mind today because I want Alan to want one for his birthday. There are probably a handful of his former roommates that understand when I say the man has trouble shaving. There have been days when the blood letting was pretty intense.

So it looks like we might be postponing our trip this weekend and waiting until we both have more time. Plus, the shutters aren't finished and we're beginning to look unfit for the neighborhood. I suppose it makes sense to stay in town, but I was already daydreaming about the tomato basil soup at la Madeleine. (Hey, I just discovered they have these really cool animated pictures on their website: www.lamadeleine.com.) I think that's how we should choose where we move to in a few years - wherever good food is king, that's where I'm going.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Craig uses a disposable razor- again and again and again. He makes sure to get his dollars worth out of that cheap plastic bic. I too have wanted to upgrade him to an electric one but have no idea where to start!

Unknown said...

Engineers!