Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Thirty-something


Alan turns 30 on Saturday, and I am so pumped! Now I can say "you're in your thirties." Love it. I only have a couple more years left that I can say that about myself, and believe me, I'm going to take full advantage of it. He'll get to decide where we go, but this weekend we'll either take our usual trip to Ft. Worth (which we love) or we'll go camping somewhere, probably near Fredericksburg. We like to drive into town and eat at that little German place with the red cabbage and other weird food. Then Alan likes to walk over to the shop with all the granite-top furniture and ogle to his heart's content.

Speaking of age, some of those pharmaceutical commercials are beginning to make me think. I know that's the point and I'm supposed to ignore them, but....how about that new one that talks about twitchy and heavy legs? I think I have that! I was twitching on the couch last night. But maybe it was a reaction from all the drugs I had taken for my headache. Yeah, that's what it was...

By the way, it was 28 here this morning. So those seeds I planted a few days after the "final frost"....hmmm. Leigh said "just do it," but I can't blame him. He's too good to me.

Well, I'm off to work with third graders this morning. I'll try to remember some of their words of wisdom to share with you later.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Glad to hear that Alan is coming of age. Hope you both enjoy his birthday weekend.

The symptoms that you imagine you are having....funny...and that just keeps happening, only more frequently. Maybe it's just a phase we go through and it will end by the time we are 50.