Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Disgusting

Went for the first jog in weeks today, not including one stint on the treadmill about a month ago. Out of shape doesn't begin to describe how pathetic I am. Another first-in-a-long-time today was putting on panty hose (I had to work). Oh my gosh, there's no greater revelation to how fat you're getting than seeing yourself in panty hose. There is no place for the fat to hide - it oozes and bulges and emphasizes every excess pound underneath that nylon.

These two events today are related. The jog wouldn't have happened if I had chosen something else to wear. And I'd probably be eating cookies and milk right about now. Instead I'm sitting at this computer sucking in my stomach. And here's the icing on the cake......mmmm, cake.......anyway, the other day I was complaining to Alan about how my stomach had been hurting for days, and so I joked that it was just my stomach cancer. He said and I quote:

"Good, then maybe you'll get skinny."

As I turned to him with my jaw dropped and a look of horror on my face, he tries to quickly add, "Like you want to be!" Sorry, the Freudian slip was out. Little did he realize that the latter statement STILL suggested a weight problem. I told him the world would hear about his little "slip." But lucky for him, the world is probably 2 or 3 people.

4 comments:

DeeBee said...

You know... the funny thing about this is that you are actually dealing with what most women have been dealing with since high school!! What took you so gosh darn long?? Anyway... that's what I love.. now you can see what it's like. And the very bad thing is... you are still skinny!! Geez!!! Can I hate you anymore?? JK!!.. love you.

DeeBee said...

Oh yes.. and I like your "cake" comment. It's exactly how my mind works and where it would wander to.

her said...

Just another reason panty hose suck!! I can only imagine what I would look line in a pair.

Sixtyfeet said...

You two are the pair, I mean combined, do you way more than 200 lbs? Seriously, it is a good thing we didn't all 4 live together in college, there would have been skinny jokes.